Stamford Way Caravan Park - not just for anglers!
Peak - Spring/Summer Season: 31st March to 30th October 2023
Off-Peak - Autumn/Winter Season: 1st November to 30th March 2023
We are now open all year round wth 28 pitches to accommodate Touring Caravans, Campervans, Motorhomes and Trailer Tents (sorry, no pitched tents)
To view availability and to book, please visit us on pitchup.com (opens a new window)
Each pitch offers electrical hook up and within short distance of all amenities and our 2 fishing pools (Twin Oaks). Fishing is available to campers' dawn till dusk with access to at least 1 pool at all times (unless otherwise stated). Campers can also take advantage of discounted rates for fishing.
Our onsite cafe/coffee shop 'Castle Cafe' is open Friday to Sunday serving a range of hot and cold drinks (soft and alcohol) and freshly prepared food... see our Castle Cafe page for more details, menu and open times.
- 28 well maintained firm grassed pitches
- Caravans positioned on arrival (no charge)
- Electrical hook up
- Water point
- Cold water pot wash station
- Chemical disposal point (non-bio chemical only)
- 2 toilet blocks with showers
- Baby Changing Unit
- Disabled toilet
- Onsite Cafe
- Small anciliary tackle & bait shop
Current Prices, Availability & Booking
*£25 per pitch, per night (off peak) - No membership required.
Full availability, prices & booking on pitchup.com. Late or last minute arrivals welcome, we will do our best to accommodate you. Call 01244 810743 during office hours (9-5pm) Alternatively, Leon 07947 512262 or Eloise 07930 453565.
|Per Pitch, Per Night (from)||*£25|
|Includes up to 2 adults
1 Car+Touring Caravan/Trailer Tent or Motorhome
Electrical hook up
Full use of shower and toilet facilities
No minimum night stay for 2023 (except bank/school holidays - see terms below)
(Discounted fishing - £8 pp/day ticket)
|Optional Extras (each, per night)|
|Awning (breathable ground required, strictly no carpets)||FREE|
|Child (0-12 yrs)||£3.50|
|Child (13-16 yrs)||£5.00|
|Additional Adult (17 yrs+)||£12.00|
*Sorry, due to damage caused, we no longer permit screw in gound stakes to tether dogs.
"With effect from Tuesday 25th July 2023, Stamford Way Fisheries and Castle Cafe are under new management (Leon and Eloise Bowen). We are incredibly excited for this opportunity and look forward to meeting you all. Whilst we settle in, if something doesn't meet your expectations, before you seek to leave an online review, please talk to us first. Good customer satisfaction is paramount to our success and extremely important to us personally. We are here to listen, and your direct feedback is important to ensure an enjoyable stay and so we can evolve. Our goal is to ensure you're happy, you want to return, and to recommend us to others in the future." Please feel free to get in touch any time to let us know how we're doing! Call in during opening times, email or call 01244 810743. Thank you.
Check availablility & to bookVisit Pitchup
Campsite Booking, Terms & Conditions
- 3 night minimum stay on Easter Half Term, August Bank Holiday, Halloween & Bonfire weekends. If just transiting through on these dates and only 1 night required, please contact reception on the day to check for availability.
- Arrivals: Earliest time for arrival on the day is 1pm. All guests must report to reception upon arrival where you will be allocated your pitch. Caravans will be positioned by ourselves (no additional charge).
- Departure: All guests must fully vacate by 11am on day of departure. Please adhere to these arrival and departure times to enable pitches to be prepared for the next guests.
- Late arrivals: You must notify the park as soon as possible. Your booking will be held for 24 hours. After this period the management reserves the right to relet your unit. No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
- Maximum occupancy per pitch is one family (2 adults and children up to 16yrs, max 6 people) or 2 couples.
- If your party exceeds this limit you will need to book and pay for the appropriate number of pitches even if you are only using one caravan/motorhome/trailer tent.
- Awnings are permitted but you must use a breathable ground sheet, strictly NO CARPETS
- 1 car maximum per pitch, additional cars may be refused
- A deposit is required at the time of booking but we may require payment in full for peak times. You will be advised of the deposit required at the time of booking.
- Group bookings of more than 3 pitches travelling/staying together are not usually permitted for the same dates unless you are all also booked for a fishing match or festival (in which case please let us know when you book). If we become aware that you are booking multiple pitches for the same dates separately all the bookings may will be cancelled.
- Sorry, we cannot permit external visitors to the campsite. This is due to insurance implications and limited parking spaces available to patrons visiting the cafe and/or fishery
- No sign written vehicles
- No screw-in dog lead stakes
- £10 cash depsoit required for shower/toilet block key fob (fully refunded upon safe return when you leave)
Courtesy & Safety Rules
Due to the nature of angling, we have a few ground rules to ensure all guests enjoy the peace and tranquility of their stay.
- We have a strict no noise policy after 10pm. So if you're into late partying - this is not the site for you!
- We are a family orientated campsite but children must be accompanied by an adult around the fishing pools at all times
- Games/children playing must stay strictly within the campsite area
- We welcome well behaved dogs but they must be kept on leads within the site at all times. Mess must be cleared up immediately and placed in the allocated red bin provided.
- Sorry, due to damage previously caused, we no longer allow screw-in dog lead stakes.
- Please be mindful of litter and dispose of your rubbish in the bins provided, especially before departing.
- Cafe seating areas (indoors and outside) are strictly restricted for those dining/purchasing food at the Cafe
- eScooters are NOT PERMITTED here at Stamford Way Fisheries
- Portable Gas BBQ's are permitted but sorry *NO CHARCOAL and/or DISPOSABLE BBQ's
*This is why we have a strict 'no charcoal BBQ's' policy. Unfortunately the photos below show the heavy fire damage recently caused by improper disposal in a regular bin resulting in costly repairs to the bin and replacement of doors. As well as causing huge costs to our business, this kind of carelessness is extremely dangerous. The health and safety of our customers is paramount and taken very seriously here at Stamford Way and this action has resulted in a blanket ban of all charcoal BBQ's, fire pits etc.
If you have any questions or would like to check for availability/to book, please telephone 01244 810743.